Sunday, July 27, 2008

Poor Flufferbutt

Our big orange and white bicolor felt left out after Spider and Tallis got their blog debut, so here is His Fraidycatness and all his chickeny glory hiding under the pool table -


He's a big cat but also a very big chicken. And talk about a drama queen! This one won't eat without company half the time. If one of the other cats isn't eating he'll whine at one of us to stand there and keep him company. He also expects ice cubes in his water dish. What a diva.
He loves to be brushed though and will come over and sit still like a good boy while we do it.

His name is actually Grendel but that's such a misnomer, we usually call him Flufferbutt.

I joined a new Etsy team today, the Etsy Freethinkers. Very interesting group of people, so many wonderfully talented artists. Here's the team blog -
Etsy Freethinkers. Tough group if you're on a diet, though. The chat thread frequently turns to food, very tasty food.

I finally sold a Christmas in July piece! I've had sales since it started but this is the first marked down item. I think I have a sales jinx, they never seem to work. Maybe it means people love my work SO much, they can't bear to pay less than full price. Bahahahahahahaha! Riiiiight. (Hush. You pretend in your world your way, and I'll pretend my way in mine. :p )

9 comments:

Ravenswick said...

Such a pretty cat. I love the nickname Flufferbutt. We had a dog (very similar in color to your cat) that had tons of fluffy hair. Her name was Lucky but we called her Fuzzy Butt.

kim* said...

poor kitty, i know a cat like that. my aunts cat is so timid...but when i was visitng i gave her treats and she(by the end of 2 week stay) started coming out...although not to play , just to eat

Lily said...

It took awhile to get him socializde, he's a feral rescue. He's much better now, he'll even let me (and only me) pick him up. We're having intermittent thunderstorms today and the poor thing's a wreck. I finally built him a makeshift hidey-hole under my daughter's desk. He's been hiding there all afternoon.

Lisa Abdul-Quddus said...

What a cutie pie!

Leslie said...

lol Flufferbutt is adorable!

i call my chinchilla fuzzy butt ;P

Giftbearer said...

Very cute cat and cute name! Come check out Carmella at http://artlifenewsblog.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

He is a pretty kitty - I had a scaredy cat - except he wanted to be left alone when eating - he'd venture outside 5ft - 3x yr - and turn around & run back in. Still have his brother who is more of an extrovert. Funny huh, guess cats could be extroverts & introverts!

Unknown said...

oh yeah - congrats on the sale!

Unknown said...

that is one cute kitty! I have a scaredy cat too. He is big and tall and scared of his own shadow:)