Sunday, July 13, 2008

Birthday and business plans

My 39th birthday is coming up. As fate would have it, the day after is the first day the Raven's training camp is open to the public. Any guesses what I'll be doing that day? Getting up at the crack of dawn to drive halfway across the state to McDaniel College to watch my favorite team practice. No, I'm not crazy... well not completely. It's certainly better than what we did last year - a scrimmage between the Ravens and the Redskins in 110 degree heat. THAT was something.

I know my in-laws are getting me a #10 Troy Smith away jersey. Very nice and much better than the usual dark purple in the hot July sun. I'm hoping to get it signed. Considering it had to be custom ordered, I'm guessing it will be the only one there. Silly as I'm pretty sure Smith will be our starting quarterback. I like Boller but I just don't see it. Smith is making terrific progress if you believe the paper. If Cam Cameron can get him up to speed, I'll forgive him for ever being associated with the Dolphins. Heh, I might even send Wayne Huizenga a thank you card for firing him.

(I wonder if I use one of the cards we're making would it be considered marketing?)

Speaking of cards, Em's done a few designs for me. This is my favorite.
I'm really looking forward to getting these cards made. Em's got some incredible ideas. She's a good business partner (even if she does try to stop me from buying beads).


1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is such a pretty card. Looks like watercolors.