Friday, July 25, 2008

Cats and cans

We have three cats, two males (Spider and Grendel) and a female (Tallis). For the most part they get along alright but they're not especially chummy. So you can imagine my surprise when I walked into the family room and saw -


No way those were my cats! Tallis (the chunky washed out tortie) usually doesn't let Spider (the black one) anywhere near her without hissing and swatting at him. Spider however feels the chair is his and was going to sleep on it even if it meant sharing. I can only guess Tallis was cold.

Now about the cans. I'm working on a trashion line as I've mentioned. Well I finally have a picture of one of the brooches.

It's made from a recycled soda can, a shell bead, and a few findings. I'm really excited about this line. So far I have earrings, necklaces, and a few of the brooches. I talked to a friend tonight and got information about scarf pins and plan to add those too.

We haven't given up on the cards. They're just proving trickier than expected. Glue is not my friend. Double sided tape isn't much better. Still in the end, they didn't come out too badly. Practice, practice, practice. We're going to try the bigger cards next.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sweet cats!

Andúnië said...

And the brooch too! It's a great idea.

Unknown said...

Cool cats - and the brooch too!